AMTK 408 gets a refill of fuel and water at its La Crosse, WI stop with train 18, the North Coast Hiawatha. Soon it will be on its way to Milwaukee and Chicago, having originated in Seattle, WA. No. 408 was formerly MILW 31C, built April 1956 for service on Hiawathas and UP City trains. MILW took over the UP trains from Chicago to Omaha in October 1955 from CNW, then ordered E9s all delivered in UP colors. Hiawathas were then repainted to match UP.